Getting under the skin of ageing: A multidisciplinary approach
Friday 11 March 2016
- 2-4pm (free networking lunch from 1pm)
- G306, Jean McFarlane Building, University of Manchester, M13 9PL
Speakers from the Institute of Inflammation and Repair
- Dr Christine Bundy - Senior Lecturer in Behavioural Medicine /Health Psychology, The University of Manchester - 'Stress and ageing'
- Dr Elise Kleyn - Clinical Lecturer, The University of Manchester
- Dr Abigail Langton - Research Associate, The University of Manchester - 'Does geographic ancestry influence how skin ages?'
- Chair Dr Rachel Watson, Reader in Dermatology, The University of Manchester
Visible signs of ageing are apparent to all of us, not only health professionals. In this afternoon symposium, we will examine the role of psychology in skin ageing research, begin to look at the physiological changes which occur to skin as we get older and assess whether there is a connection between what we perceive and the functioning of the brain.
Please register online for this free event: