OPUS was formed in mid-2013 by a group of researchers in several disciplines and currently consists of:
- Dr Paul Simpson - Edge Hill University
- Dr Maria Horne - The University of Leeds
- Dr Christine Brown Wilson - The University of Queensland, Australia
- Dr Tommy Dickinson - The University of Manchester
- Dr Laura Brown - The University of Manchester
As part of its ethical and research strategy and to meet quality standards in conducting research, the research team has also co-opted into the initiative various individuals associated with public and voluntary sector organisations and who able to express some of the interests of older people.
- Phil Tinkler, (Clinical Research Officer (Degenerative and Neurological Diseases Research Network (DeNDRoN) NHS);
- Stuart Smith (Age UK Manchester LGBT group);
- Kate Torkington (Valuing Older People, Manchester City Council)
OPUS is also connected with key researchers in the field of older people and sexuality/intimacy in Australia and academic-practitioners based at the Universities of Bradford, Hertfordshire, Manchester, Portsmouth and Swansea. It also has links with various research and practice networks such as the Care Homes Research Group (UoM), the British Sociological Association Ageing Research Group and multidisciplinary Critical Sexology and Older Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual an Trans Research networks. It seeks to develop connections with academics, practitioners, Universities and other stakeholders nationally and internationally.
Any enquiries can be directed to Dr Paul Simpson email@example.com or Applied Health and Social Care, Edge Hill University, St Helens Road, Ormskirk, Lancs L34 4QP.