MICRA / Storybox Project Seminar: Ageing, Dementia, Creativity and Storytelling
This event is a half day seminar investigating the way that arts and creative activity can be used to engage people with dementia and improve their health and well being.
It includes a focus on specific case studies - Storybox (Storytelling) and the Valuing Older People Cultural Offer, as well as Equal Arts, from Gateshead.
Bethan Harries has authored a report on The Storybox Project, examining the role of a theatre and arts-based intervention for people with dementia. You can view a copy of this report (PDF format) via the link below:
- The Storybox Project - Examining the role of a theatre and arts-based intervention for people with dementia
19 March 2013
- Lowri Evans and Sara Cocker, Library Theatre Company / Storybox Project - Introduction to Storybox
- Alice Thwaite, Development Director at Equal Arts - Creativity, Dementia and Storytelling - The Wider Context
- Sophie Elkin, Ross Powell and Audrey Doherty Shore Green, Irwell Valley Housing, Manchester and Liz Postlethwaite
- Dr Bethan Harries (Sociology), University of Manchester - The Storybox Story
- Sherry de Wynter, Valuing Older People Cultural Offer, Manchester City Council
- Professor Chris Phillipson - Chair (Social Gerontology)