MICRA PhD Student Conference
This conference is open to all PhD students with an interest in research within the field of ageing from any discipline.
There will be presentations made by key note speakers from AgeUK and The University of Manchester and the event is being chaired by Professor Chris Phillipson.
15 March 2013
- Professor Dale Dannefer (Sociology) - Life-Course, Gene-Environment Interaction and the Sociological Imagination
- Dr David Lee (Epidemiology) - AgeUK Fellow - Developing a career in ageing research
- Dr Alan Marshall (Social Statistics) and Dr Kris Mekli (Genetics) - The challenges and benefits of interdisciplinary working using the fRaill product on frailty, resilience and inequality in later life as a case study
- Dr Rachel Watson (Dermatology) - Working with industry and business
- Dr Neil Pendleton (Clinical and Cognitive Neurosciences) - Working with Clinicians
- Matthew Norton (Age UK, Social Research Manager) - 'Making use of research: a third sector perspective'
- Chaired by Professor Chris Phillipson