Greater Manchester Ageing Conference 2017
from the Greater Manchester Ageing Hub (which includes MICRA)
Thursday 16 February 2017
- 10am - 4pm
- Museum of Science and Industry, Liverpool Road, Manchester M3 4FP
GM Ageing Conference 2017 is a landmark event organised by the GM Ageing Hub, bringing together a wide range of influential GM leaders, world-leading academics and community sector innovators to discuss prospects for building an age-friendly city-region.
The conference also marks GM's five year partnership with the Centre for Ageing Better and its long-term collaboration with the World Health Organisation
We aim to:
- Launch the GM Ageing Hub to key policy-makers and social actors.
- Present findings from new GM Ageing Foresight and Policy reports.
- Showcase GM as an international centre of excellence on ageing.
- Promote GM and external best practice in ageing research, policy and practice..
- Promote GM's partnership with the Centre for Ageing Better.
- Be a platform for taking action across GM agencies and communities.
- Dr Anna Dixon and Lord Filkin - Centre for Ageing Better
- Alana Officer - World Health Organisation
- Prof. Chris Phillipson - The University of Manchester
- Jon Rouse - GM Health and Care Partnership
- Prof Martin Vernon - NHS England
- Tony Lloyd - GM Mayor
- Steven Pleasant - Chair, GM Ageing Hub, CE Tameside Council
Gareth Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org)