MICRA Ageing PhD Network meeting
15 March 2017
Please join us for the second meeting of the MICRA Ageing PhD Network on Wednesday 15 March 2017. The event will take place from 3-5pm in room 2.07 Humanities Bridgeford Street building and is open to PhD students who are working on any aspects of ageing from across all disciplines at the University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University.
In the first half of the meeting, quantitative sociologist Dr Bram Vanhoutte, will be presenting on housing histories and their impact on later life well-being and talking more broadly about his academic career path. This session will be followed by two 15-minute presentations from PhD Students Ema Johnson (Sociology) and Declan Ryan (Physiology) about their current research. Please feel free to join us even if you are new to the network! We look forward to meeting you.
- 3pm - Welcome and updates
- 3.15pm - Academic presentation - Dr Bram Vanhoutte (The University of Manchester)
- 4pm - Student presentations - Ema Johnson (The University of Manchester) and Declan Ryan (Manchester Metropolitan University)
- 4.30pm - Period of questions and group discussion
- 5pm - Formal close, we will move on to a nearby location for drinks and networking
*if you have any difficulties accessing Eventbrite please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.