Ageing and Energy Consumption: Rethinking Policy and Practice from Research
Energy issues are of increasing concern to all households and communities but especially to vulnerable groups within the older population.
This seminar examines some of the latest research about the way in which knowledge about energy is transmitted, the challenge of fuel poverty in later life, and the role of sustainable technologies in extra-care housing.
From MICRA, Manchester Architecture Research Centre, and the Sustainable Consumption Institute at The University of Manchester.
- Dr Rosie Day (Environmental Science, University of Birmingham)
- Dr Philip Catney (Politics, Keele University)
- Dr Alan Lewis (Architecture, University of Manchester)
- Discussant: Professor James Goodwin (Physiology, Visiting Lecturer at Loughborough University and Head of Research Age UK)
- Chair: Professor Chris Phillipson (Sociology and Social Gerontology, University of Manchester)